Chai Spiced Cinnamon Rolls with a Hot Cocoa Glaze
- 2 cups prepared pizza dough I used whole wheat
- 2 tbsp. melted spread of choice needs to be a spread that bakes well, I used Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 turns grated vanilla bean from vanilla bean grinder
- 2 tbsp. melted spread
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
Roll out pizza dough in a rectangle. Spread dough generously with melted spread, cover in a layer of brown sugar. Sprinkle on all spices evenly. Roll and cut into 2 inch rolls. Place in greased oven safe baking dish. Bake at 350 Degrees F for 15 minutes. Add glaze, bake an additional 15 minutes.
Glaze: Combine all ingredients. Brush on halfway through baking.
Omit cardamom if you prefer.
I deserve a medal for all the times I’ve walked past the Cinnamon Bun vendors in the mall.
I think about all the calories, the trans fats, and not to mention I can’t have any because they include dairy. What if we could make them healthier? What if we could have them whole wheat? What if they could be vegan? Oh friends, we can.