Date Night on a Sheet Pan
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 2
- 2 cups small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons roasting oil of choice
- 2 Chicken breasts (boneless or skin on)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat potatoes, carrots and chicken in spices and oil. Place on foil lined sheet pan.
- Roast, flipping after ten minutes.
- Remove from oven when oven thermometer registers 165 in the thickest part of the chicken breast. This will take approximately 35 minutes.
- If you forgot to defrost (like me) Season chicken with spices and oil, roast thirty minutes, then add carrots and potatoes. Continue cooking until the appropriate temperature.
Ask any parents how they find time for romance.
We never have a straight answer because it’s a miracle when we do! I woke up this morning and by ten I was already struggling with the difficult task of installing a baby gate. I have a college degree, I used to think I was an intelligent person. The leverage of the baby gate has corrected that assumption. When you finally get the right tightness on the top of the gate, the bottom gets loose and you lose tension. When you finally get the right tension, you have to set a bar on the right notch (I swear there are hundreds of notches) and lock it down maintaining both points of tension on the wall.
Now I am stepping over giant baby gates like an ostrich because I never want to put up these baby gates again.My day will be spent putting away laundry and coralling a baby into acceptable activities. He has two teeth popping out at once so his favorite activity is finding our shoes and chewing on them like a puppy. While it’s cute, it’s less than sanitary.
Crazy days like this (ok, everyday) call for something with easy cleanup. I also like to serve my husband something elegant…I also forgot to defrost. Enter my sheet pan dinner! Crispy roasted potatoes and carrots. Well seasoned chicken. We’re roasting at 450 because it seals in more of the chicken’s juices. It’s also faster (hooray!)
You can also use your favorite spice blend if you prefer. That will cut your time down significantly. For an extra dash of elegance, brush a favorite sauce on the bottom of the plate before serving. You can also roast steaks this way which I’m doing tonight. We probably have this 2 or 3 times a week. This cooking 1 handed mama loves an easy cleanup! What’s your favorite date night meal?
I have some exciting news to share, I’ve been picked up by a sponsor! See that banner about German goodies ? There is a German food company that will send you a weekly goody box. Pretzels, and German candies OH MY! My secret hope is I earn enough to buy my own 😉 Tchuss!